Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
You might know that the newspaper above was published between 1882 and about 1971 in Breda, IA and later in Wall Lake, IA.
Now I'm looking for issues of this newspaper between 1916 and 1971 and clippings of obituaries. I would appreciate your answer if you have those items.
The clippings can be send by Email (frisian(a)netins.net) or snail mail to my address (P. O. Box 269, Titonka, Iowa 50480-0269). In return I would send you a translation of the obituary/obituaries.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
I have a John Perkins and Tirza Ide who were married in Monroe county, WI
They moved to Buchanan county, Iowa in 1866 and were there only until 1871
when Tirza sold their land. John was still alive in Cass county, MN in 1900.
He also lived in Linn county, IA in 1850 along with his brother William who
died there in 1902.
Any information on this family would be appreciated.
Just wanted to post my line from Buchanan County since i haven't been on here
for about a year now.
FRANCIS BURNS was born July 10, 1839 in County Armagh, Ireland, and died
April 29, 1916 in Fairbank, Iowa. He married ELIZABETH MARY KELLY 1860
Children of FRANCIS BURNS and ELIZABETH KELLY are:
2. i. MARY E. BURNS, b. February 21, 1862, Pittsburg, PA; d. August 14,
1950, Fairbank, Iowa.
ii. JOHN BURNS, b. September 1863, Pa; d. August 20, 1910, Waterloo, IA.
iii. FAYE ANNA BURNS, b. March 05, 1869, Buchanan Co.,Iowa; d. January 28,
1956, Hamilton Co., Ohio; m. MR. HEFFLIN, Bef. 1920.
More About FAYE ANNA BURNS:
Residence: 1920, Centerville, IA
iv. JAMES BURNS, b. 1870, Buchanan Co., IA.
v. ROSE LO BURNS, b. June 1873, Buchanan Co.,IA; m. PHILLIP RECKHEMMER,
vi. FRANK (FRANCIS) BURNS, b. May 1875, Fairbank, IA.
vii. DAVID BURNS, b. 1878, Buchanan Co., IA; d. Aft. 1920.
viii. LILLIAN BURNS, b. August 29, 1880, Buchanan Co.,Iowa; d. August
01, 1952, Hamilton Co., Ohio; m. A.J. FARNHAM, DR.
Mary E. BURNS married Frank HAYES and had the following 3 children:
.Myrtle Francis HAYES b 1885 m Ulva JARDEE
Florence Dot Blanche HAYES 1889 m Lawrence WEAVER
Clifford Joseph HAYES b 1892 m Ferol YOUNG
Welcome to the IABUCHAN mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.