Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Oregons Rain wrote:
> Labor Day is almost here and it's back to school for the kids! Indian
> summer is wonderful and you can really feel Fall is in the air!
> Football and tailgate parties are underway and it's time to think
> about fun and fascinating indoor activities to keep us busy. Like...
> how about adopting an Iowa county!
> We now have a group of seven wonderful counties that need you--no, not
> the other guy, YOU. You don't have to live in or close to Iowa. You
> don't have to be a computer whiz, and you don't have to know all there
> is to know about genealogy. If you're reading this, you have the
> necessary equipment and an interest in family history. That's the
> biggest share of what you need, right there.
> Our available counties are Audubon, Buena Vista, Greene, Guthrie,
> Lucas Monroe and Warren. Why not visit them and think about all of the
> possible things you could do to improve the county and how you could
> help others, then pick your favorite! Send an email request for
> information and an application form to
> welcome_to_iagenweb(a)iagenweb.org . We know you'll be glad you did!
> Conni Mac & Peggy
> IAGenWeb Welcome Hostess Co-Chairs
Welcome to the IAAUDUBO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.