Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hello veterans and newbies of the rootsweb. This posting has been preapproved my the list owner.
There are some really great folks who are willing to help just for the asking. I, myself do Volunteer research at Andersonville Civil War Prison in Andersonville Georgia. There are Any research I do is absolutely at NO cost
and I am willing to do what I can. As there are 1542 prisoners on record from the state of Iowa and almost 300 who died here, I thought I would send my offer. . I feel the need to say I am not in anyway
trying to focus on the horrors of Andersonville compared to any POW camp in the north ..( i.e.Elmira ) or any others and do not wish to stir up arguments on this site. My focus is dedicated to ALL of those held prisoner
during this war , on both sides as well as all Americans who gave their freedoms for those that we enjoy today.. I just happen to be near Andersonville so this is where I do my work
Here are my sources of research.
There are 2 online databases to do lookups.....One by name...one by
Company and Regiment. I also have a copy of the Dorence Atwater Death list
which has the names and grave numbers of 12960 graves with only 460 marked
as " UNKNOWN " This along with a CD I have which contains 34,000 names of
the 45,000 who were imprisoned there which helps me find prisoner records because of
misspellings of the names or alternate names. I visit the prison site every
couple of weeks and have access to the onsite databases as well as the
physical files. I would like to let you know of another service I offer
which is to take photos of graves for a small fee. Please do not consider
this spam as my research offer is FREE for the asking and will be posted on
this county site only once.
If there is anything I can do in helping your research at Andersonville,
please just ask.
Please visit my website dedicated to those Americans who were imprisoned and died in captivity while in the service to our country
Local Andersonville Historian / National Park Service Volunteer
AOL USERS go to http://hometown.aol.com/andersonvillecw/
Welcome to the IAAUDUBO mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.