Genealogical research into the Tachau area produced a very old copy (in gothic
print-from the private source of Dr. Karl Beer) where several old names are listed in the
area. I will translate this document for you, it is entitled "Aus der Geschichte des
ehemaligen Tachauer Kreises" by Dr. Karl Beer. (From the history of the former
Tachauer Region). Submitted by Aida Kraus
1303: Kuno BOGNER signs a document as witness, wherein Anna von LIEBENSTEIN, wife of
Friedrich von BRUCK (Plan) resigns her hereditary rights to the Castle Liebenstein for
compensation. (Archive: Volume 21, page 161)
1322: GUNZMANN, Burgher of Tachau, owns the village of Reichenbach near Griessbach
(Oberpfalz) and wills it to the Abby Waldsassen (Source History of the Abby Waldsassen,
1335, 1338: CHWAL VON BGESD (probably ANJEZD) near Tuschkau is named as Burgher of
Tachau. For this he and his wife Eysala make a bequest of three "mensuras
siliginis" ("Scheffel" - measurement) to the Monks at Pilsen. (Source:
Emler, REg. IV, No. 158, 617)
1358: ULRICH VON TACHAU, is made Capitular of the Abby at Waldsassen . (Source:
Stocklöw II., 12)
1359: NICOLAUS VON TACHAU, is made "Seelsorger" (Priest) in Tissa. (Source
1360: JOHANN, son of FLORIAN OF TACHAU, is made priest in Schönwald bei Tachau. (Source
Schmidt, a.a.D 608, Anm. 2)
1360-1363: NIKOLAUS SCHREIBER from Tachau, elevated to Abbot of the Abby Waldsassen.
(Brenner a.a.D.S 95)
1363: Son of KNYRAD of Mies, pledges half of his house to FUTCZOVEL and GRUBER of
Tachau. (Liber judicialis of the city of Mies, now stored at the Museumsarchives at
Pilsen. No. 173, Folio 4)
1363: CUNZILINUS TICHSER pledges (or pawns?) his house to CLARA POLSTERIN von TACHAU
and her son-in-law FRIECZO (Fritz?). In the same year METLINNS ERINGI pawns all his
possessions to Mrs. CLARA, widow of JAKOB PULSTER, Burgherin at Tachau . Thereafter, a
"Polsterhof" is often mentioned in Tachau. (Source Stocklöw !., S6, II., S 242,
1364 HEINRICH HOLPRITLER and HENLIN STICH are mentioned in above.(II., 365) - no
particulars given here.....
they may have been clerks, notaries or witnesses.
1376: A Burgher of Mies by the name of FRANA (profession "Tuchscherer"-
Cloth-shearer) pledges his house to WERLIN in Tachau.
(Liber Judicialis Folio 67)
1382: HAKEL HAINLINUS owes LEO VON TACHAU (nicknamed Rauhel) 10 Schock. (Liber Judic.
1385: JORDAN of Tachau sues HENSLIN LUCZKA, Burgher of Mies. (Liber Judic. Folio 116)
The JORDAN family is a prominent family at Tachau. One JORDAN is member of the
Dom-capitol at Prague. (Stocklöw II., 366) and in 1632 a document is signed by JORDAN
wherein his mother in law KLARA, (written by Mr. Weikers, Clerk at Tachau) pledges 300
pound Hellers (money) to the cloister Waldsassen, where her son NICLAS is abbot. The
pledge is made against the villages of Mering, Rötenpach, and Grün. (Source: Gradl,
History of Northwest Bohemia, page 168)
1400: DYEPOLDUS and his wife MACZA register as owners of 1/2 of the Farm at Lohm near
Tachau. DYEPOLDS father is ULRICH and his mother LENCHARD; Macza's father is
EBERHARD, and her mother MIRGARD. (Beer: church Chronicles of the City of Mies 51/page
1426: WENZEL GULDEN is mentioned, no particulars (Stocklöw II.365)
1437: HANS MAY from Tachau sells his real estate at Böhmisch Lohm in the amount of 70
Schock to FENCZL VON TACHAU called "KOSTEINBIER" (nickname means: "costs
one beer") (Source Reliq. tab. terr. II.182)
1452: PROKOP GULDEN acquires property at Lukavitz (near Staab) from WILHELM PALZUNGER.
1454: BERTHOLD FILIBER (from a Tachau Burgher Family) married ANNA the daughter of
WEIGL from Lohm. Her father owns the fortification at Lohm near Tachau. (Schmidt, a.a.D.,
page 17, Anm. 3)
1455 GEORG PLÖTTNER from Tachau, promoted to Provost of the Abby Chotieschau.
(Stock2öw, II. 372)
1456: FRANZ MUNICH, (as above) no particulars
1467-1493: KUNZ TEUFEL, (keeper of seal?) Source: City-Archives at Eger, page 294
1476: HANS MOSER, (as above) no particulars, HANS HALLER (as above) no particulars
(I am just guessing that these people are only mentioned as notaries or
1494: HANS SPANNEL, Stocklöw, II. 366.
1494-1512L GEORG ENGL, Abbot of the cloister at Waldsassen. He was the son of a
Zinngiesser (tinsmith) at Tachau
and was made Professor of Arithmetic and Astronomie at the University of Leipzig before
becoming Abbot at Waldsassen.
(Stocklöw II., 373 and Brenner, a.a.D. S. 120 ff.)
The following villages were existant in the year given:
1200: Stockau (Stockeich)
1251: Bernetzreith (Pernolce), Ulliersreith (Oldrichov) "Reith" endings are
1523: Dürrmaul, Oberdorf, Gehag ("Khoua" local Egerlander patois), Stockau,
Schönwald, Schönbrunn, Langendörflas, Purschau, Uschau, Neu-Zedlisch, Tijja or Tiffa,
Dörflas, Dreihöfen, Sorghof (Saigernhof). There were about 30 fiefs in the area and all
belonged to Waldsassen in Franken, Bavaria. Bavaria was a Kingdom at that time.