Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Free UK Genealogy is a CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) acting as an umbrella organisation for FreeBMD, FreeREG and FreeCEN.
For latest news and information on Free UK Genealogy please visit http://www.freeukgenealogy.org.uk/
In the middle of July Dr Pat Reynolds Executive Director Free UK Genealogy sent out an email regarding draft Open Data and Transcriber Agreement documents with a response required by Saturday 27th August 2016.
Great effort was made to identify and include as many volunteers as possible from the three organisations in the distribution of the email.
I've received reports from some volunteers in FreeBMD that they have not received the email and they have heard erroneous statements about its contents via Facebook and other means.
If you are a volunteer in FreeBMD please let me know off list if you have not received a copy of the email from our Executive Director and I will pass on your details. It is extremely important that you are aware of the draft Open Data and Transcriber Agreement documents and submit any comments before the deadline of 27th August 2016
FreeBMD Coordinator of Syndicates and Volunteer Coordinator
Note: If you are subscribed to any of these three FreeBMD mailing lists, Admins, Discuss or Syndicates then you DO NOT need to be subscribed to the FreeBMD News list since any email to the FreeBMD News list will be propagated through to the other lists please see http://www.freebmd.org.uk/lists.html
You may therefore receive multiple copies of this email if so please delete any surplus copies.
News about FreeBMD. Not a discussion list.
Welcome to the FREEBMD-NEWS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.