There is a lot of advice in the FHUG Knowledge Base on FH & AS in Crossover, etc.
There is separate advice for FH V5 and for FH V6.
I suggest you post your questions in the FHUG Forum where others who use Crossover can
give expert advice with screenshots that cannot be added to these Emails.
1. No you cannot use your FH V5 Upgrade key in the V6 Trial.
2. If you have not preserved your FH V5 Upgrade installation download then you must ask
Calico Pie for it again.
3. You never need to install FH V4 but just the latest Upgrade download with last two
4. AS V5 does install on Crossover.
If you have been running Parallels then you must have a Windows licenced installation
So why not try Oracle VirtualBox which is free and since it runs genuine Windows there are
no issues with installing FH or AS.
The only caveat is it must be Windows Vista or later to run FH V6.
But do ask in the FHUG Forums where it is easier to answer and refer to the Knowledge
Regards, Mike Tate
From: Karen Gardner via FAMILY-HISTORIAN-USERS <family-historian-users(a)rootsweb.com>
Sent: 27 December 2018 18:40
Subject: [FHU] Installation / Upgrade query involving Crossover
I am trialling Crossover as a possible replacement to Parallels.
I can install FH6 absolutely fine as a trial, but am unable to download a previous
I originally purchased V4 and paid for the upgrade to V5 (which is my most recent
version), I am hoping to buy the upgrade to V6 if I can get some bugs / questions sorted
1. Can I use my product keys in the version (6) that I have downloaded and can get
working, and then purchase the upgrade key from there?
2. If not, which version to I have to download from the version history (4 being my full
paid for product, or 5 being the upgrade) 3. If 2, how do I get it to install in
Crossover? I have the installers for 4 on my Mac, but it won’t let me select them to
4. As a little aside, but on the same subject, I am also unable to install AS on
I really want to get rid of Parallels, and I would like to continue using FH if I can,
even though it doesn’t look as ‘pretty’ as some software packages, it is definitely the
best functionality wise and most customisable that I have found.
Taking into consideration the cost of the upgrade and the purchase of Crossover, this is
no small sum, especially at this time of year, and so want to make sure I can get it all
working bug free before handing over my hard earned cash.
I would appreciate your knowledge on the subject in helping me get this sorted.