Contact list owner
This list is for anyone who has an interest in genealogy or family and local history related to the historic English county of Westmorland.
Welcome to the ENG-WESTMORLAND mailing list
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
Upon subscribing, please send a short introductory email to the list to let us know your research interests in Westmorland.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send a Plain Text email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW to Westmorland family history research? A good place to start is
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society, events, and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or someone else's.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. No advertisements, please, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, GENUKI, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When asking for assistance, include enough information to enable someone to help you.
3. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that email@example.com address is showing in the Send To box of your email before clicking on send. If your reply is strictly personal, send it privately.
4. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.
NEED TO CONTACT THE LIST ADMINISTRATOR?
Don't post administrative messages to the list. Send your email to email@example.com
If you have not signed up for an account to manage your subscriptions,
visit our Sign Up page:
You can view all of your lists on your Subscription Page:
If you need to recover your password, visit our Login Page: