Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
My name is Earl Davis from Staffordshire Interests. Having recently joined
this list I am detailing my interests.
1) The general history of the areas now covered by the town of Telford. My
main interests are in the parish's of Shifnal (Idsall) , Lilleshall,
Wrockwardine (inc Wood), St Georges (Paines Lane) and surrounding areas.
2) My principal genealogical interest in the area is the D*RRICOT* family.
Main variations of this surname are:-
DORRICOTT, DERRICOTT, DARRICOTT, DALLICOTT, DODDICOTT, DADACOT and similar. I
have spent the last two years investigating this family.
3) I may also have connections with the CORFIELD family but have not done any
real work on this yet.
4) I am starting to trace other family names into which the D*RRICOTT's
married into. I have not done much on this yet. Other names include:-
1. Decendants of Thomas PASCALL who married Jane DADICOT in 1770 at
2. Decendants of Jospeh DOODY who married Mary DODICOT in 1788 at Lilleshall.
3. Decendants of Thomas POOL who married Elizabeth DADICOT in 1770 at
4. Decendants of Thomas COOPER who married Mary DORRICOTT in 1816
5. Decendants of William VICARS who married Margaret DORRICOTE in 1829 at
6. Decendants of William and Ann BOOTH in the area of Wrockwardine earlish
7. Decendants of Thomas BROXTON who married Jane DADICOT in Wrockwardine in
8. Decendants of Joseph HOLT who married Sarah DARRICOTT at Wrockwardine in
Heloo. I have just subscribed to this list.
My interests are in East Shropshire around the parish's of Wrockwardine,
Shifnal (Idsall), Lilleshall etc.
Is that a little bit north for this list or am I OK?