Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Only one new name this month:
If you would like to add your surnames to the list, please use the form at:
*******PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY REGARDING SUBMISSION OF NAMES BEFORE HITTING THE SUBMIT BUTTON*****
Lin Duke List administrator
Over the past couple of weeks I have added a further 5,800 photos of East Riding gravestones to the 60,000 that were already there. The new ones are:
(In the general area of Pocklington)
Barmby Moor (470)
Bolton Methodist (38)
Great Givendale (40)
Low Catton (388)
Pocklington Cemetery (1580)
Keyingham Cemetery (435)
Paull Cemetery (30)
Thorngumbald Cemetery (384)
Broomfleet (extension added (+90))
Flamborough (64 added/changed)
Bridlington Cemetery (156 added/changed)
Marton Roman Catholic (121 added/changed)
Swine (116 added/changed)
These are (hopefully) all of the gravestones in the relevant graveyards/cemetery.
I have updated the alphabetic index by Surname to include the above - you will find this at:
Please let me know of any problems with this or the individual parish indexes.
In the village of Blunham in Bedfordshire U.K.
Webmaster for the Genuki Yorkshire pages:
Old and Rare Yorkshire Books on searchable CDroms:
A Warm Welcome to the ENG-EAST-YORKS mailing list!
Please post a list of your interests if you are a new subscriber on have been absent for a long time.
To post to the list address message to,
You are currently subscribed in
"mail mode", which means that you will receive every posting made to ENG-EAST-YORKS as a separate e-mail. The directions on how to change to digest mode are given below.
1. How to unsubscribe. Send a message to
that contains (in the body of the message) the command
and no additional text.
2. How to subscribe. Whatever you just did worked, or you'd not be getting this message. But for future reference (for instance, if your subscription is cancelled for whatever reason and you want to resubscribe), just send the command "subscribe" to
3. How to change to digest mode (several postings are combined and sent to you together as a single large message). There are two steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Lemail@example.com to discontinue mail mode. Second, send the command "subscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Dfirstname.lastname@example.org
to start receiving digests.
4. How to change to NOMAIL mode. There is no formal NOMAIL mode.
All you have to do is follow the directions above and unsubscribe when you want the messages to stop, and then when you want them to start again, simply subscribe again.
5. If you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing list receives it, just send it to ENG-EAST-YORKS-L@rootsweb.com. It will then be sent on to everyone in both mail and digest mode.
You don't need to send it explicitly to both.
6. To contact the administrator of this mailing list, send mail to ENG-EAST-YORKSemail@example.com.
For your verification, a transcript of the original subscription request is included below.