Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
For the software to work properly please follow the following when submitting surnames
Entering Information on the Form
1. Submit ONLY ONE SURNAME (and/or respective variations) per form and CLICK on SUBMIT SURNAME ONLY ONCE.
2. Type the SURNAME only, no forenames, in ALL CAPS.
3. Enter a date or dates if you have them. If not, leave blank.
* Use Bef for before
* Use Aft for after
* Use c. for circa
* Indicate centuries thus: 17thC
4. Enter one or more locations if you have them. If not, leave blank.
* Capitalise the first letter of the names of towns - eg Sheffield, Bradford etc (NOT SHEFFIELD, BRADFORD)
* Separate the names of towns with a comma (not a dash or other)
5. Enter a contact name for the researcher - any name you prefer to use, even just a first name will do.
* Capitalise the first letters of your name eg John Doe, Mary, etc. [NOT john doe or JOHN DOE]
6. If you have a website, enter the details. If not, leave blank. Please do not put your home address, telephone number or similar
Surnames List Administrator
I updated the Yorkshire Surnames list today. The names added are given
ELDERS, EMMETT (EMMOTT)
GARSIDE, GREENOUGH (GREENHOUGH)
LAMBERT, LIVESEY, LYTHE
WHITWORTH, WHARE, WILDBLOOD
If you would like to add your surnames to the list, please use the form at:
*******PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY REGARDING SUBMISSION OF
NAMES BEFORE HITTING THE SUBMIT BUTTON*****
The Yorkshire Surnames interest list:
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to YORKSGEN-request(a)rootsweb.com<mailto:YORKSGENfirstname.lastname@example.org> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message