Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Does anyone know the father of these members of the Heseltines marriages in Howden Parish? ?? ??
1. Ellener Heseltine m. Robert Stowtherd m.20 Jun 1573 Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire, Eng 2. Jane Heseltine m. Thomas Fidling m. 15 Nov 1577 Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire, Eng 3. Edward Heseltine d: 19 May 1611 in Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire, Eng m. (1) Margaret Williamson m: 22 Aug 1579 in Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire, Eng d: 20 Sep 1586 in Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire - mother of Edward's children m (2) Margaret Loncaster 27 Nov 1586 Knedlington, Howden 4. Elizabeth Heseltine m.William Kirlington 27 Nov 1581 Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire, Eng 5. Jannet Heseltine m.John Pickering m. 27 Jan 1582 Knedlington, Howden, East Yorkshire, Eng -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- Does anyone know this Robert? Could he be the father of the above Heseltines? ??
Eastrington Parish,East Yorkshire, Eng. Robert Hesseltine d. 26 Oct 1604 Mary Cole
Thanks Find a Grave states that John Spofford of Silkstone, Essex County, England and Lady Spofford were parents of Anna/Anne/Ann Spofford and her brother John Spofford. Also Anna Spofford went to South Cave to marry Richard Swan- 24 Feb 1622 Richard Swan was christened 23 Dec 1607 Gilberdyke, Eastrington Parish, Eng. His childred were christened there. It does not make sense that Anna woul d go from Essex Co to marry in South Cave. There are so many other Spoford families in Yorkshire.===============I do believe that one family group who came with Rev. Rogers to America were:Richard Swan , his wife Anna/Anne (Spofford) Swan, their 6 children, John Spofford (single), Robert & John Heseltin/Haseltine (both single) Robert &John Haseltine/Heseltine were christening Knedlington, Howden, England. They were the sons of Robert & Joanna (Swan) Heseltin who were married 6 Jul 1606 in Eastrington. She was of Gilberdyke. Again thanksMary Colej
Have a look at
The records are at the Treasure House, Beverley. It is better known as
the East Yorkshire archives
On 08/10/2015 8:42 PM, Mary Cole via wrote:
> Do the records still exist for South Cave Parish for the perioad 1560 to 1622? ThanksMary Cole
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to ENG-EAST-YORKS-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
A Warm Welcome to the ENG-EAST-YORKS mailing list!
Please post a list of your interests if you are a new subscriber on have been absent for a long time.
To post to the list address message to,
You are currently subscribed in
"mail mode", which means that you will receive every posting made to ENG-EAST-YORKS as a separate e-mail. The directions on how to change to digest mode are given below.
1. How to unsubscribe. Send a message to
that contains (in the body of the message) the command
and no additional text.
2. How to subscribe. Whatever you just did worked, or you'd not be getting this message. But for future reference (for instance, if your subscription is cancelled for whatever reason and you want to resubscribe), just send the command "subscribe" to
3. How to change to digest mode (several postings are combined and sent to you together as a single large message). There are two steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org to discontinue mail mode. Second, send the command "subscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Demail@example.com
to start receiving digests.
4. How to change to NOMAIL mode. There is no formal NOMAIL mode.
All you have to do is follow the directions above and unsubscribe when you want the messages to stop, and then when you want them to start again, simply subscribe again.
5. If you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing list receives it, just send it to ENG-EAST-YORKS-L@rootsweb.com. It will then be sent on to everyone in both mail and digest mode.
You don't need to send it explicitly to both.
6. To contact the administrator of this mailing list, send mail to ENG-EAST-YORKSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
For your verification, a transcript of the original subscription request is included below.