Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Just wondering if you have posted on the Old Hymerians Facebook page? They might be able to help you.
Sent from my iPad
On 1 Dec 2013, at 08:00, eng-east-yorks-request(a)rootsweb.com wrote:
> Today's Topics:
> 1. Hymers College (Rod Clayburn)
> 2. Re: Hymers College (Victor Markham)
> Could any old Hymerian or anyone for that matter, please advise:
> a. Did the Hymers College tie have horizontal stripes in the 1920's? I have a family member attended Hymers and this is shown in a photo.
> b. Are the old Hymers school records for the 1920 available anywhere? I see that the Hull History Centre have some papers, but only letters listed, not logs.
> Many thanks
> I have forwarded your message to tiger chat in the hope a Hull City fan is an ex Hymerian and can answer your question
> On 30/11/2013 11:23 AM, Rod Clayburn wrote:
>> Could any old Hymerian or anyone for that matter, please advise:
>> a. Did the Hymers College tie have horizontal stripes in the 1920's? I have
>> a family member attended Hymers and this is shown in a photo.
>> b. Are the old Hymers school records for the 1920 available anywhere? I
>> see that the Hull History Centre have some papers, but only letters listed,
>> not logs.
>> Many thanks
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to ENG-EAST-YORKS-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> To contact the ENG-EAST-YORKS list administrator, send an email to
> To post a message to the ENG-EAST-YORKS mailing list, send an email to ENG-EAST-YORKS(a)rootsweb.com.
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to ENG-EAST-YORKS-request(a)rootsweb.com
> with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
> email with no additional text.
A Warm Welcome to the ENG-EAST-YORKS mailing list!
Please post a list of your interests if you are a new subscriber on have been absent for a long time.
To post to the list address message to,
You are currently subscribed in
"mail mode", which means that you will receive every posting made to ENG-EAST-YORKS as a separate e-mail. The directions on how to change to digest mode are given below.
1. How to unsubscribe. Send a message to
that contains (in the body of the message) the command
and no additional text.
2. How to subscribe. Whatever you just did worked, or you'd not be getting this message. But for future reference (for instance, if your subscription is cancelled for whatever reason and you want to resubscribe), just send the command "subscribe" to
3. How to change to digest mode (several postings are combined and sent to you together as a single large message). There are two steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org to discontinue mail mode. Second, send the command "subscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Demail@example.com
to start receiving digests.
4. How to change to NOMAIL mode. There is no formal NOMAIL mode.
All you have to do is follow the directions above and unsubscribe when you want the messages to stop, and then when you want them to start again, simply subscribe again.
5. If you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing list receives it, just send it to ENG-EAST-YORKS-L@rootsweb.com. It will then be sent on to everyone in both mail and digest mode.
You don't need to send it explicitly to both.
6. To contact the administrator of this mailing list, send mail to ENG-EAST-YORKSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
For your verification, a transcript of the original subscription request is included below.