Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
how are you eng-east-yorks all of the goals you have set for yourself are reachable http://bit.ly/Q8RtEv stop complaining and start doing something for yourself follow through on something for once in your life
just to let you all know about the annual open day at this lovely church, St
Mary's in Birkin N.YKS.
Pontefract F.H.Society will be there as normal, to help anyone with interest in
Peter, Sonny & myself will have all the publications transcribed so far by
members of the
Society for sale.
open this Saturday 8th Sep from 10am
If anyone can't get there but would like a photo taken of a grave please let me
The Society has transcribed all the graves so have M.I's booklet for sale at
only £1.50 plus baptisms in 4 booklets 1718-1910 marriages in 3 booklets
1718-1935 & burials in 4 booklets 1718-1950 see website for more info:
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to ENG-YKS-YORK-request(a)rootsweb.com
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of
I am hoping someone may recognise this family and I can then discover
what happened to them
after 1911 when they were at Johnson Cottage, Skeffling.
William Hall b 1878 Green Hammerton marr Mary Rayne Spence b 1880 Pateley Bridge
in Leeds in 1904.
They had 4 sons
Ernest b 1905 and William Albert b 1906 at Wansford
Clarence Edward b 1908 and John 1910 at Skeffling
Mary was alive in 1929 when she was at my grandfathers funeral in
Leeds - she was his younger
sister - but my grandparents died before I was born and my father when
I was 3 months old so no
one to ask!
There were Hall/Spence births in Halifax after 1911 but this is a
different family. and a death for Mary
R Hall in 1958 Buckrose reg is not her according to registrars office.
If you have any of them in your tree I woud love to hear from you.
A Warm Welcome to the ENG-EAST-YORKS mailing list!
Please post a list of your interests if you are a new subscriber on have been absent for a long time.
To post to the list address message to,
You are currently subscribed in
"mail mode", which means that you will receive every posting made to ENG-EAST-YORKS as a separate e-mail. The directions on how to change to digest mode are given below.
1. How to unsubscribe. Send a message to
that contains (in the body of the message) the command
and no additional text.
2. How to subscribe. Whatever you just did worked, or you'd not be getting this message. But for future reference (for instance, if your subscription is cancelled for whatever reason and you want to resubscribe), just send the command "subscribe" to
3. How to change to digest mode (several postings are combined and sent to you together as a single large message). There are two steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org to discontinue mail mode. Second, send the command "subscribe" to ENG-EAST-YORKS-Demail@example.com
to start receiving digests.
4. How to change to NOMAIL mode. There is no formal NOMAIL mode.
All you have to do is follow the directions above and unsubscribe when you want the messages to stop, and then when you want them to start again, simply subscribe again.
5. If you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing list receives it, just send it to ENG-EAST-YORKS-L@rootsweb.com. It will then be sent on to everyone in both mail and digest mode.
You don't need to send it explicitly to both.
6. To contact the administrator of this mailing list, send mail to ENG-EAST-YORKSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
For your verification, a transcript of the original subscription request is included below.