Contact list owner
Hello and welcome to the list!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
ENG-DUR-SHILDON is a mailing list for discussion of surnames from and the history of the town of Shildon, Durham, England.
If you are new to family history research, a good place to start is
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to
genealogy. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
When you get the chance, please post to the list. Briefly tell us about your interests in Shildon ancestry and any queries you may have. If you'd like, include a little about yourself and your research.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send a Plain Text email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society, events, and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or someone else's.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. No advertisements, please, but if you find an
interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, GENUKI, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. If asking for assistance, include enough information to enable someone to help you.
3. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the email@example.com address is showing in the Send To box of your email before clicking on send. Replies should be sent to the list, but if your reply is strictly personal, send it privately.
4. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
To see past posts to this list visit
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the single word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject and body and nothing else.
NEED TO CONTACT THE LIST ADMINISTRATOR?
Don't post administrative messages to the list. Send your email to email@example.com
If you have not signed up for an account to manage your subscriptions,
visit our Sign Up page:
You can view all of your lists on your Subscription Page:
If you need to recover your password, visit our Login Page: