As webmistress for the OPC scheme I think it is long past time that you took
responsibility for ensuring that all OPCs are issued with the following when they sign
1. Magic wands. To ensure that the most abstruse piece of information required (sometimes
requested!) is always immediately available.
2. Survival kits. All OPCs to be issued with a full index to all the parish registers and
probate records for their parish when they sign up.
3. Admin support. We need to have admin support to ensure that requests are dealt with in
accordance with the Citizen's Charter time limits (thats UK, I guess overseas requests
can go hang!)
4. A large button on our desk tops that we can press whenever there is a request for
information that exists in Genuki/Dev that sends a message to enquirers to the effect that
"you need to search the basics."
5. Provision of Nimbus 2000 broomsticks. No genealogical reason for this, but the traffic
in London is appalling!!
In return I think we the OPCs offer to provide a weekly supply of chocolate and champagne
(cheap at half the price!!).
Happy New Year. That is a provisional "happy" based on an understanding that
"management" accept the OPC base negotiation package as outlined above as a
minimum position vis a vis the provision of benefits proportional to the membership's
requirements for support mechanisms as outlined above. Chocolate and champagne commitments
Happy (provisional) New Year.
Barnstaple On-Line Parish Clerk
Web site at www.barnstapleopc.co.uk