Soon after I sent out the initial post about the printing glitch in the
Mary Abbe CD, I figured out how to get a full line. Here's how:
The columns on the search results can be closed up. If you put your
cursor about the 1st letter of the column heading you'll get a horizontal
double arrow. At that point you can move the column. Move all of them
as far to the left as you can and still read the entries. Go to print
preview and you can see that you will have a full line. Click print.
You have to reset the column headings every time you print. That means
resetting before printing each page if you have multiple pages. Still,
you at least get a full line so there's no need to physically cut and
tape pages together.
I also find that it prints faster if you set your printer to landscape.
I notified one of the librarians at the GA archives, so maybe the word
will get around now.