Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
Hello List Members,
I am looking for speakers for the genealogy Seminar the Cherokee County,
Texas, Genealogical Society has scheduled for Saturday, April 6, 2019, in
the Rusk Public Library (aka Singletary Public Library), 1 block off the
courthouse square, in Rusk, Texas. We are in East Texas roughly 50 miles
south of Tyler. I got e-mail earlier this week that our previously
scheduled speaker has canceled on doctor's orders. The original topic was
to be DNA. Speakers on other genealogy program topics will be considered at
We have the meeting place reserved and the lunch
arrangements made so now I am looking for some other speakers. We had
already started some advertising that we had a seminar scheduled and had
begun handing out brochures. We can afford to pay for some speaker travel
expenses. However, we are not up in the financial status of airline
tickets and big speaking fees for nationally known speakers. This is a
service to our small membership. We planned on charging $15.00 to cover
lunch and room rental and some speaker expense.
Our next CCGS monthly meeting is Monday night, February 11th and the group
will be making a decision at that time on whether to completely cancel or
continue trying to find other speakers.
I am a regular subscriber to this list. Thank you for your kind attention
to this matter.
Vivian Toole Cates, Alto, Texas 1-936-858-3801
1st vice-president, program chairman and publicity, Cherokee County, Texas,
Welcome to the DEED-MAPPER-USERS mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to email@example.com and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.