I have been on the board before and just returned. I am still searching for the parents
of Tilman R. Daniel. Since I last posted, I have found some interesting facts. So many
of you tried to help me and we suspected that this line was from Brunswick. I am even
more convinced of this. I will recap what I already know.
1. Tilman was b in VA (1850 census)
2. He m Nancy Lucy in Warren Co, NC, 29 June 1812
3. Daughter, Mary Ann b ca 1813
4. Son, Theophilus P. (my husband's ancestor) b ca 1815 (d before the 1850 census)
5. Tilman m Mary Nicholson in Davidson Co., TN, 30 Oct 1816
6. Moved to Giles Co, TN and then to Chickasaw Co, MS
I had always thought that Theophilus was the s/o Mary but have recently found that he was
the s/o Nancy Lucy. There are some documents on line giving power of attorney to Richard
G. Scoggins in Brunswick Co, VA. One document was filed by Mary Ann Daniel Buchanan and
the other filed by Tilman R. Daniel for his minor son, Theophilus P. Daniel. They are
asking for a portion of the Lucy estate. The date is 1833.
The Lucy family was from Brunswick. I believe Nancy was the d/o Joshua and Elizabeth
Kelly Lucy. This needs a little more work.