Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
We're down in Florida, so have to pass on the Washington portion. Even so,
please pass along any info on when the group will be in the Carolinas.
Watching them do what they do would make for a fun day to two.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Brooks via" <clanboyd(a)rootsweb.com>
To: "boyd" <boyd(a)rootsweb.com>; "clanboyd" <CLANBOYD(a)rootsweb.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:35 PM
Subject: [CLANBOYD] Big food TV show
> Any Boyds along the Maryland or VA (think Washington DC) coastline who
> would be interested in involvement with an Ulster TV show- give me a
> holler. I believe Chris Smithson (spelling??) is located in this area.
> The show is also traveling south down VA into the Carolina's. They
> need a good S-I location and cook for a group of eight (8). Any ideas,
> give me a holler. Filming is this Spring and summer
> Colin Brooks
> The 1718 Project
> NOTE: Use the data on this list as a finding tool, just as you would any
> other secondary source. When you find the name of an ancestor listed
> confirm the facts in original sources.
> Clan Boyd Society, International
> (The Clan Boyd Web site is down, I am trying to get it back up and
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> CLANBOYD-request(a)rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
Any Boyds along the Maryland or VA (think Washington DC) coastline who
would be interested in involvement with an Ulster TV show- give me a
holler. I believe Chris Smithson (spelling??) is located in this area.
The show is also traveling south down VA into the Carolina's. They
need a good S-I location and cook for a group of eight (8). Any ideas,
give me a holler. Filming is this Spring and summer
The 1718 Project
Welcome to the CLANBOYD mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.