Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I am looking for any information on William Boyd (my 6x great grandfather) born in 1697. I have information from other family members that he was a tailor living in Tanfield in Durham, England at some point during his life. His 1st wife Isabel died in 08/1761 and is buried at St Margaret of Antioch in Tanfield on 25/08/1761
A couple of baptisms at Tanfield St Margaret of Antioch,18 Nov 1739. George Boyse (possibly my 5x great grandfather), of Tanfield, son of William Boyse ( possibly my 6x great grandfather) & 9 Apr 1743. William Boyse, of Tanfield, son of William Boyse.. If these are correct then I am back to the 1690's and I would like to get back further if I can
Some baptisms at Saint Cuthberts Chapel an at Pontop Hall-Roman Calanche, Lanchester, Durham, England. In Latin so my best translations :
George Boyd/Bois (my 4x great grandfather) Baptized 18 Oct 1779, born 27 Jul, son of George Bois, Catholic, by his wife Mary, nee Cowtrip, Protestant. Of Tanfield. Sponsors : Joseph Bois (paternal uncle) and Mary Gordon. married Jane Lumsden 15/07/1804 All Saints Church, Newcastle upon Tyne. Possibly died in 12/1836 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Brothers & Sisters of George 4x great grandfather
Isabella Baptized 5 Aug 1780, born 4 Feb (?), daughter of George Bois, Catholic, by his wife Mary, nee Cowtrip, Protestant. Of Tanfield Sponsors : William Bois, (paternal uncle), and Anna Tinkler.
Joseph. Baptized 19 Jan 1784, born (?), son of George Bois, Catholic, by his wife Mary, nee Cowtrip, Protestant. Of Tanfield. Sponsors : William Bois, (paternal uncle), and Elizabeth Soulsby.
William. Baptized 28 Mar 1786, born 10 Dec, son of George Boyd or Bois, Catholic, by his wife Mary nee Cowtrip, Protestant. Of Tanfield. Sponsors: Joseph Solesby and Mary Solesby.
Burial recorded in the same Register:
Died 9 April 1787. Joseph Boyd, of Causey, Tanfield (possibly brother of George 5x great grandfather).
Maybe family name changed from Bois/Boyse to Boyd, or they were just interchangeable.
Welcome to the CLANBOYD mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.