1. This man is NOT the son of Neil Campbell, because he only had one
daughter: Elizabeth (who later married Hugh Campbell)
2. This man is not the son of George and Margaret Campbell, because they had
no son named William.
3. This man is not the son of James Campbell, Sr and Mary Smith, because
their son William Campbell was born in 1778, and in 1786 he was a small boy,
and he did live to adulthood and moved to Madison Co AL in the 1820 time
4. This man is not the son of George and Caty, because their son William
died in 1836 in Nelson Co VA.
5. This man is not the son of Henry and Charity, because they did not have a
6. This man is not the son of Lawrence and Henrietta, because they did not
have a son William.
7. This is not the son of Francis and Isabelle, because they did not have a
son William, and they are too young to have produced an adult son, who would
have filed a Will in 1786.
OK, who is LEFT in Amherst Co VA to look at?? I can not think who this
William Campbell would relate to? Is he the earliest ancestor of a NEW line
we have not studied before? We need to examine this WILL to see what names
are mentioned in it, for clues. This man might give us new information.
Could this William Campbell be a BROTHER to one of these other men we have
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lilly Martin" <malik(a)scs-net.org>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 5:19 PM
Subject: [CAMPBELL] William Campbell, died 1786 in Amherst Co VA, who is
1787 , for William Campbell, of Amherst Co VA.
Part of index to Amherst County Wills and Administrations (1761 - 1800)
p. 31. Inv. & Appr. rec. 2 Apr. 1787.
Will Book No. 3, 1786-1800 (Reel 18)
p. 5-6. Adm. bond rec. 6 Mar. 1786.
This record is at the Library of Virginia. Can anyone tell me who this
William Campbell is, who has died 1786 in Amherst Co VA????
He is not the son of George and Caty Campbell, he is not the son of George
and Margaret, he is not the son of Neil, he is not the son of Henry and
Charity, he is not the son of Francis and Isabelle, he is not the son of
Lawrence and Henrietta.
So WHO is this man?
==== CAMPBELL Mailing List ====
A good subject line will get your message noticed and should include,
Name, Location and Date.
Search Family and Local Histories for stories about your family and the
areas they lived. Over 85 million names added in the last 12 months.
Learn more: http://www.ancestry.com/s13966/rd.ashx