I am currently trying to organise my trip in October to the USA,
1. I will be going to Melanie Gustin’s Highland Games at Scotland, CT on Sunday 7
2. So I am looking to go to some of the Libraries in RI on the Way to these Games
3. I can fly direct form Brisbane, Aust. to Los Angles LAX, but I have been told there
is no direct flight form LAX to Warwick, Kent County, RI.
4. I would like to leave Brisbane on Wednesday morning 3 Oct, but at this stage I would
have to do a “stopover” at a third location and then fly onto Warwick, RI the next
The two closest stopovers are either Detroit, MI or Washington DC.
5. I know we get into LAX about 7 am local time, and hopefully, I can get a flight out
by 10 am, but I am not sure at this time, what time I might arrive at either Detroit or
Washington, D. C., So hopefully arrive about 4 pm local time, giving me an hour to get to
the Hotel at the Airport and have a shower . (I think that I would having flying for
about 18 hours by them). And be ready by about 6 pm to talk to anyone who might wish to
talk to me about Boyd history, their own Boyd tree. This can take an hour or so. (But
three ladies in Abington, Virginia had me talking for 6 hours and only stopped them
because they had to go home.)
6. If that does not work, I would then need to look at Flying into Boston on the
Wednesday afternoon/evening and going into Boston to take a train down to Warwick, RI. if
that is possible (as I have not looked at what time trains might leave to get to RI.
7 Daryl Jamieson, our convenor for RI may wish to host a meeting for me on Saturday
afternoon – If Boyds in RI and or MA want to meet with me. The Thursday, Friday and
Saturday morning, I would be at of the RI Libraries trying to find Boyd families in RI and
other New England State.
When I get this part sorted out, I can then start to plan, the rest of my trip
So if you want to host a meeting of Boyds in either Detroit or Washington D. C. please let
the list know.