Am I reading this right?
1. In 1699 Tobias Bowles and Isaac R... lived in Deal, Kent Co, MD.
2. Is Isaac R and Isaac Bowles that died after 1701 in Kent Co, MD the
3. Was Anthony Bowles a son of Tobias, and had died by 1699?
4. Tobias Bowles died 1725 in Kent Co, MD
5. Children living in 1725 at his death: James, Margaret, m. Henry
Alexander Primrose: Jane, m. John Carr; and Mary, m. Capt. John
Underdowne (or Underwood).
6. General Bowles of the British Army was also a son but had died by
7. Who is General Bowles? Could he be John Bowles 1719 New Kent Co, VA?
8. What relation is Thomas Winn, Kent Co, MD to John Winn, Hanover
Co,VA, neighbor to John Bowles?
On 19 July 1699, Tobias Bowles and Isaac R...., of Deale, Kent,
merchants, and Elizabeth, widow of Anthony Bowles of Deale, Kent,
granted a power of attorney to James Bowles of Deale.
On 19 Feb 1705/6, Tobias granted another power of attorney to James
Patuxent River, MD.
Tobias died in 1725, leaving a will in which he asked to be buried in
George's Church near his wife, and mentioning property in Deal, Kent,
London. He named his niece Thomazine Bowles, a servant in Virginia, and
son, James, son-in-law Henry Alexander Primrose, and grandson, John
Tobias was the father of : James, Margaret, m. Henry Alexander Primrose:
Jane, m. John Carr; and Mary, m. Capt. John Underdowne (or Underwood).
James Bowles's wife Rebecca appears in note to Official Records of
Robert Dinwiddie as having m., 1st, (???) Bowles, brother of General
Bowles of the British Army, and as being a daughter of Thomas Addison by
his w. Elizabeth, dau. of Thomas Tasker, Treas. of Maryland.
Isaac Bowles Kent Co. 23 Aug 1701- 7 Jun 1709
wife, Mary extx. and sole legatee of estate, real and personal; she to
give same to children Isaac Bowles and Ann Higley at her decease, or to
next hr. in event of their death.
Test: Thomas Winn, Phillip Jackson, Charles Bligh.