When I sent the message previously about my brick wall, the parents of Knight
BOWLES, I did not include all of his children. Now that I have copied the
Descendant Tree, I am re-sending this information. Is anyone on the list
descended from Knight BOWLES? Incidentally, he was a Revolutionary Soldier,
serving under the Marquis de Lafayette.
Generation No. 1
1. KNIGHT BOWLES was born 1745 in Hanover Co., VA, and died February 14,
1820 in Fluvanna Co., VA. He married (1) SARAH CURD February 19, 1767 in
Goochland Co., VA, daughter of RICHARD CURD and SARAH DOWNER. She was born
1746 in Goochland Co., VA, and died Abt. 1797 in Amherst Co, VA. He married
(2) PATSY WOOD ELLIS December 24, 1798.
Children of KNIGHT BOWLES and SARAH CURD are:
2. i. MARY (MOLLY) BOWLES, b. December 13, 1767, VA.
3. ii. NANCY BOWLES, b. May 07, 1769, VA; d. Bef. 1817.
iii. ANDERSON BOWLES, b. July 20, 1774, VA; m. NANCY T. PERKINS,
January 22, 1795, VA.
iv. THOMAS BOWLES, b. Abt. 1773, VA; d. KY; m. ELIZABETH PERKINS,
December 24, 1801.
v. JOHN BOWLES, b. February 13, 1776, VA; d. March 16, 1816; m. SUSAN
DUVAL ELLIS, August 21, 1810, VA; b. July 18, 1786; d. December 29, 1850,
and/or he married his cousin, Elizabeth Perkins (b. ca 1775, d. Sept. 22,
1831), dau. of Stephen Perkins and Sarah Bowles on June 4, 1798
vi. SALLY BOWLES, b. Abt. 1780, VA; m. MALLOY.
4. vii. RICHARD C. BOWLES, b. Abt. 1783, VA; d. Bef. 1817.
5. viii. FRANCES C. BOWLES, b. Bet. 1787 - 1791, VA; d. Abt. November
1833, Warren Co., KY.
Children of KNIGHT BOWLES and PATSY ELLIS are:
ix. DRURY WOOD BOWLES, m. MARY ANNE RICHARDSON.
x. ELIZABETH BOWLES.
Generation No. 2
2. MARY (MOLLY)2 BOWLES (KNIGHT1) was born December 13, 1767 in VA. She
married (1) BENJAMIN C. JOHNSON Bef. 1805. She married (2) JAMES FLANAGAN
May 15, 1805.
Child of MARY BOWLES and BENJAMIN JOHNSON is:
i. BENJAMIN C.3 JOHNSON.
3. NANCY2 BOWLES (KNIGHT1) was born May 07, 1769 in VA, and died Bef. 1817.
She married CURD.
Child of NANCY BOWLES and CURD is:
i. KNIGHT BOWLES3 CURD, m. MARY.
4. RICHARD C.2 BOWLES (KNIGHT1) was born Abt. 1783 in VA, and died Bef.
1817. He married ELIZABETH.
Children of RICHARD BOWLES and ELIZABETH are:
i. SALLIE ANN3 BOWLES.
ii. JOHNNICHOLAS BOWLES.
5. FRANCES C.2 BOWLES (KNIGHT1) was born Bet. 1787 - 1791 in VA, and died
Abt. November 1833 in Warren Co., KY. She married WILLIAM PERKINS January
1807 in Fluvanna Co., VA, son of JOSEPH PERKINS and ELIZABETH PRICE. He was
born Bet. 1778 - 1780 in Goochland Co., VA, and died September 02, 1824 in
Warren Co., KY.
Children of FRANCES BOWLES and WILLIAM PERKINS are:
i. SARAH ELIZABETH3 PERKINS, b. November 26, 1809, KY; d. January 09,
1851, KY; m. WILLIAM SUBLETTE, January 24, 1827, Warren Co., KY; b. November
17, 1801, Campbell Co., VA; d. October 17, 1877.
ii. LUCY ANN PERKINS, b. Abt. 1812, VA/KY; m. CHARLES J. LAWTON,
September 05, 1831, Warren Co., KY.
iii. MARY COLLINS PERKINS, b. November 17, 1813, KY/VA; d. October 30,
1867; m. WILLIAM T. HARRISON FANT, November 28, 1831, Warren Co., KY.. iv.
MARTHA RUSSELL PERKINS, b. January 09, 1815, VA/KY; d. November 24, 1842, KY.
7. v. SUSAN F. PERKINS, b. June 14, 1820, KY; d. June 14, 1859, KY.
vi. WILLIAM H. PERKINS, b. Abt. 1822, KY; m. LUCY C. CAMP, December 24,
1844, Barren Co., KY
vii. JOSEPH H. PERKINS, m. REBECCA TALBOT, May 17, 1831, Butler Co., KY
viii. RICHARD B. PERKINS, m. JACKSON.
Generation No. 3
6. MARTHA RUSSELL3 PERKINS (FRANCES C.2 BOWLES, KNIGHT1) was born January
09, 1815 in VA/KY, and died November 24, 1842 in KY. She married COLEMAN
FOSTER December 31, 1833 in Warren Co., KY8. He was born Abt. 1809 in
Culpeper Co., VA, and died November 18, 1848 in KY.
Children of MARTHA PERKINS and COLEMAN FOSTER are:
8. i. FRANCES OLIVE4 FOSTER, b. January 25, 1835, Butler Co., KY; d.
September 26, 1906, Columbus, OH.
ii. RICHARD FOSTER, b. Abt. 1837.
9. iii. JOSEPH FOSTER, b. Abt. 1839.
iv. CATHERINE FOSTER, b. Abt. 1841.
7. SUSAN F.3 PERKINS (FRANCES C.2 BOWLES, KNIGHT1) was born June 14, 1820 in
KY, and died June 14, 1859 in KY. She married HANNIBAL D. HATCHER November
22, 1838 in Warren Co., KY.
Notes for SUSAN F. PERKINS: Buried in Pioneer Cemetery
Marriage Notes for SUSAN PERKINS and HANNIBAL HATCHER:
Their marriage date has also been given as 24 Sep 1838 and 1 Jan 1839.
Child of SUSAN PERKINS and HANNIBAL HATCHER is:
i. LIZZIE4 HATCHER, b. 1845; d. April 15, 1867, Warren Co., KY.
Notes for LIZZIE HATCHER: Buried at Pioneer Cemetery.
Generation No. 4
8. FRANCES OLIVE4 FOSTER (MARTHA RUSSELL3 PERKINS, FRANCES C.2 BOWLES,
KNIGHT1) was born January 25, 1835 in Butler Co., KY, and died September 26,
1906 in Columbus, OH. She married WILLIAM FASSIG on June 26, 1851 in
Mitchelville, TN, son of JOHANN FASSIG and BARBARA BERNHARD. He was born
July 24, 1824 in Frei-Laubersheim, GER, and died March 21, 1892 in Columbus,
Children of FRANCES FOSTER and WILLIAM FASSIG are:
i. MARTHA COLEMAN5 FASSIG, b. October 10, 1852, Bowling Green, KY; d.
March 07, 1854, Bowling Green, KY.
10. ii. SUSAN KATHERINE FASSIG, b. October 10, 1852, Bowling Green, KY; d.
February 05, 1882, Columbus, OH.
iii. JAMES RICHARD FASSIG, b. May 25, 1857, Bowling Green, KY17; d.
July 28, 1926, Columbus, OH; m. IDA MAY WRIGHT RYAN, April 13, 1901; b.
August 05, 1862, Logan, OH; d. February 18, 1924, Columbus, OH.
11. iv. WILLIAM HENRY FASSIG, b. November 02, 1861, Bowling Green, KY; d.
November 22, 1930, Columbus, OH.
v. ELIZABETH RUSSELL FASSIG, b. March 16, 1864, Bowling Green, KY; d.
October 29, 1956, Columbus, OH.
12. vi. EDWARD FOSTER FASSIG, b. January 09, 1867, Columbus, OH; d. October
27, 1941, Columbus, OH.
vii. FRANCES OLEVIA FASSIG, b. September 21, 1871, Columbus, OH; d.
January 24, 1972, Columbus, OH
viii. BLANCHE FASSIG, b. January 11, 1874, Columbus, OH; d. July 28,
1874, Columbus, OH.
9. JOSEPH4 FOSTER (MARTHA RUSSELL3 PERKINS, FRANCES C.2 BOWLES, KNIGHT1) was
born Abt. 1839.
Child of JOSEPH FOSTER is:
i. LULU5 FOSTER, m. CHARLES DODD.
from Liz CRAVEN