Posting my gt. Grandparents George MCKISSOCK b. 1 May 1834 Ballantrae AYR,
d. 21 April 1912 Ayr AYR and Christina MCCURDY (and var.) b. 23 Apr 1837
East Bennan, Kilmory Isle Arran BUT and d. 10 Apr 1912 Ayr AYR.
George and Christina married 18 June 1863 Newton AYR and had 9 children:
1. George b. 1862 Maybole AYR occ. teacher, m. Mary Jane Clarke 1897 in
Belfast - 4 chn
2. William McCurdie b. 1864 Kilmarnock occ. Joiner m. Euphemia METHVEN 1892
in Largo FIF - 6 chn.
3. Annie b. 1866 Kilmarnock d. bef. Jul 1870 AYR
4. Margaret Crawford b. 1867 Kilmarnock m. Andrew Muir in 1891. No other
5. Annie Dempster b. 1870 New Parish Greenock, d. Beaconsfield Que. Can.
Did not marry and later in life moved to Canada to live with her sister
6. James McCurdy b. 1872 Newton on Ayr m. Margaret McCosh CRAIG - my direct
line who made the move to Canada.
7. Andrew born abt 1876 - no other information.
8. Thomas born abt 1878, died at sea.
9. Christina b. 1881 Newton on Ayr, m. Jack Keay, moved to Beaconsfield
Quebec Can. 1 son.
In the 1891 census George and family are living at 61 Green St. Newton Ayr
and his occupation is hay dealer. He has occupation Mason on some docs and
was a Spirit Dealer when he married in 1863.
George died 11 days after wife Christina on 21 April 1912 in Ayr.
George McKissock's father is Andrew MCKISSOCK c. 1792 AYR who m. Ann
DEMPSTER b. 1807 WIG.
If anyone connects to this information I'm happy to share information - and
happy to receive it too.