Beginning March 2nd, 2020 the Mailing Lists functionality on RootsWeb will be discontinued. Users will no longer be able to send outgoing emails or accept incoming emails. Additionally, administration tools will no longer be available to list administrators and mailing lists will be put into an archival state.
Administrators may save the emails in their list prior to March 2nd. After that, mailing list archives will remain available and searchable on RootsWeb
I have aquired a KILMARNOCK marriage,
On the 14 july 1865 at the Church of Scotland BONNETON square
KILMARNOCK, JAMES ROSS mechanic of NORTH WOODSIDE ROAD GLASGOW married
AGNES RITCHIE house servant of Garrick Street AYR
FATHER ALEXANDER RITCHIE
MOTHER JEAN RITCHIE(nee WALLACE)
MINSTER JOHN THOMSON
WITNESS PETER GRAY , MARGARET ROSS
Regards Alan Ritchie Gore New Zealand
The Ritchie Family wrote:
> Hello Uses,
> I am looking for information on the following family .JAMES RITCHIE &
> MARGARET HIGHET who lived at Laigh Blackwood near KILMARNOCK .They had a
> family of 8 (that I know off)
> JANET b 1829 ( married ANDREW TAYLOR 1849 )
> MARION b 1830 *
> HELEN b 1830 *
> MARGARET b 1832 *
> JOHN b 1835 *
> WILLIAM b 1838 (married AGNES DUNLOP 1865)
> JEAN b 1839*
> JAMES b 1842 (emigated to New Zealand 1859 )
> * Dates taken from the 1841 census so they will vary .
> Any facts on the above family would be most appreciated
> Regards Alan Ritchie Gore New Zealand.
I have found out recently that my family lived at LAIGH BLACKWOOD
near KILMARNOCK. With the help of DAN, who has sent me a map showing
just BLACKWOOD, I am asking sKS if they have got any facts on LAIGH
BLACKWOOD as they may have worked or lived in the area.Any information
would be appreciated.
Regards Alan Ritchie Gore New Zealand
Here is a marriage that I have acquired .
On the 8th December 1865 at the church of Scotland Wellington street
BENJAMIN WEST carpet weaver of West Grange street , married AGNES
RITCHIE bonnet knitter .
BENJAMIN's mother & father were WILLIAM WEST (deceased) & AGNES WEST
AGNES,s mother & father were JOHN RITCHIE Labourer & ELIZABETH RITCHIE
Regards Alan Ritchie Gore New Zealand (Researching Ritchie's of
Welcome to the AYRSHIRE mailing list!!
PLEASE SAVE THIS INFORMATION so you have it for future reference.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE of your fellow list members. Some folks are beginners at computers and some to genealogy. The world is a better place when we are all patient with each other. Personal attacks, criticism, or flaming are never permitted.
HOW DO YOU POST? Send an email to email@example.com
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST?
1. Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
2. Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
3. Genealogy and family history conferences, even if they charge for admission.
4. Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their websites.
5. Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable to post. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
6. Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
7. New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, FamilySearch, Library of Congress, or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR POST?
1. An informative but concise subject line.
2. When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipient's address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
3. Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives!
WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put unsubscribe in the subject and body and nothing else.